Re: Obtaining the output from the line above.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59290] Re: Obtaining the output from the line above.
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:08:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 8/3/05 at 1:19 AM, joe at tao.org.uk (Josef Karthauser) wrote:

>We all know that '%' will return the value of the last result
>calculated, but is there a way of getting the value of the output
>box above the current input box?

Sure, using %% will return the value from the cell just before the last result. Then %%% will return the results from the cell before that and so on. However, using multiple % characters to access previous results isn't very pratical beyond about 2-3. So, the solution is to use %nnn where nnn is the number of the cell you are interested in.