Simple question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59291] Simple question
  • From: "Tun Myint Aung" <tma at nus.edu.sg>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:08:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

    My question may be simple but I don't know how to do. I have an
input which can be three strings or characters (i.e. S or C or F ). I
would like to use interactive input by using

    For example:

        p = Input["please type the conditions"]

Then I would like to assign p to the three expressions depending on the
input

For example

If  p is S then, p = p1 (p1 may be long expression)
If p is C then, p= p2.. and so on.

If the input is other than those three conditions, the I would like give
a message and redo the loop.

Thank!

Best Regards,

Tun Myint Aung