Animation queries

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59321] Animation queries
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 01:22:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The inputs

   NotebookFind[SelectedNotebook[], "Graphics", All, CellStyle];

   SelectionAnimate[SelectedNotebook[]];

are very handy for evaluating a notebook that generates a sequence of
graphics and immediately seeing an animation of these graphics.  But two
minor niggles about this:

1)  Any way to make NotebookFind select all the graphics, and then move
the screen display to the _last_ (not the first) graphic?

2)  If I have the notebook only do the NotebookFind[] and then do the
animation manually using the "Cell >> Animate Selected Graphics" menu
command, hitting the Up or Down Arrow keys on a Mac extended keyboard
allows me to pause the animation, and then single step through it in
either direction.

This doesn't work if the animation is initiated by SelectionAnimate,
however.  Any way to make it work?