Re: running notebook from command line...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59355] Re: running notebook from command line...
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 03:46:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

generate Package with all you notebook commands and load
the package in the commandline math kernel.

Regards
  Jens

"Lee Newman" <leenewm at umich.edu> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dd1ijb$1c2$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hello,
|
| I have a slow-running model that I want to run
from a grid/parallel
| computing center at my university which requires
that my notebook be
| "executable from the command line" (by staff not
familiar with
| mathematica) rather than the Mathematica front
end.   I've read the help
| files, but I just can't figure out how to make
this happen.

| The structure of my notebook is as follows:
|
| [ Initialization cells that set values for
parameters ]
| [ Initialization cells that define various
functions ]
| [ main loop that runs the model and writes
results out to files ]

| Can anyone suggest how I can modify the notebook
to be command line
| executable and how to run it from the command
line?