Re: Mathematical Modeling Problem II

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59565] Re: Mathematical Modeling Problem II
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here is an example of what you might try.

Generate a random plot.

p=ListPlot[Table[Random[],{25},{2}],PlotRange->{{-1,1},{-1,1}},
      AspectRatio->1];

Generate a vertical line graphic, but don't show it yet.

g=Graphics[{Line[{{0.5,-0.5},{0.5,0.5}}]}];

Show the plot and the line together. Correct scaling is doner automatically.

Show[p,g];

Steve Luttrell