Re: Units, simplification

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59550] Re: Units, simplification
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,  I don't think there is a straightforward way to do this using the
standard Miscellaneous`Units` package.    I had the same problem many years
ago and wrote an enhanced packag with a function

ToFundamentalSI

which will do exactly what you want.  There are other improvements too.
You can download it from

http://jowett.home.cern.ch/jowett/Accelerator/ConstantsUnits.html

The package-defining notebook also contains the documentation.

John Jowett