Advanced symbolic Integration using Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59646] Advanced symbolic Integration using Mathematica
  • From: mike_in_england2000 at yahoo.co.uk
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:50:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

I am going to be demonstrating Mathematica to a group of people who
have never seen the package before and I wanted to give an impression
of the power and range of its symbolic integration.

I have already included simple well known things such as the Guassian
integral
Integrate[Exp[-x^2], {x, -Infinity, Infinity}]

Integrals involving Bessel functions, eg
Integrate[BesselJ[1, z], z]

What I am looking for now is a few relatively simple *looking*
integration problems that, if done by hand, would require the use of
advanced techniques (such as contour integration) or would take pages
of working out or preferably both.

Does anyone out there know of any such integration problems that can
help contriubute to the Gee-Whizz factor?

Looking forward to any replies.

Mike