Re: Filemaker 7 database

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60062] Re: Filemaker 7 database
  • From: Roman Fischer <Roman.Fischer at teleweb.at>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Mike,

Yes, Filemaker 7 understands SQL. At the moment I cannot use ODBC-Access,

but today I created a JDBC-Connection.

1. I defined a small JDBC-Description an putted it into

"AddOns:Application:DatabaseLink:DatabaseResources" :

JDBCDriver[

  "Name"->"filemaker",

  "Driver"->"com.ddtek.jdbc.sequelink.SequeLinkDriver",

  "Protocol"->"jdbc:sequelink://",

  "Version"->1.0

]

2.Then I just used this simple lines of Code:

Needs["DatabaseLink`"]

JDBCDriverNames[]

 out=  {filemaker,hsqldb,mysql,odbc}

conn3 = OpenSQLConnection[

    JDBC["filemaker",

   "jdbc:sequelink://localhost:2399;ServerDataSource=Aufgabenliste"],

   Username->"Admin", Password->"Admin"]

 out= SQLConnection[,1,Open,<>]

I also can make a selection based on that connection. But I cannot access

the same database using the odbc-driver (I only get the error written

below). I know that the ODBC-Connection works, because Excel can access the

data.

So I have no idea what the problem  of using the ODBC-driver might be.

Roman

Am 30.08.2005 10:53 Uhr schrieb "Mike" unter <m.HoneychurcNOSPAMh at uq.edu.au>

in df16qe$5qe$1 at smc.vnet.net: