Comments have crazy indentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62714] Comments have crazy indentation
  • From: "Jason Quinn" <jason.lee.quinn at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 05:53:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I like to comment my notebooks but whenever there are formulas in the
comments, Mathematica (I have 5.1) likes to give them crazy
indentations. I say crazy because there really seems to be little rhyme
or reason to it and a particular indentation is not always
reproducible. Why is mathematica trying to indent comments in the first
place? They are just comments! I'm just using the regular (* Blah blah
blah formula, blah blah blah *) structure.

Jason Quinn