Re: Sending again: Symbolizing subscripts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62797] Re: Sending again: Symbolizing subscripts
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at Gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:41:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I saw your question the first time. One of my packages is also
suffering from a similar problem. Maybe you could try emailing the guy
who wrote the notation package and ask him to respond on the list? His
email is written in the package documentation (assumedly so you know
which expert at WRI to ask). If there is no solution forthcoming that
uses the notation package and assuming you are trying to introduce a
new input notation, then you should look into the the various functions
that handle transforming box expressions into "mathematical"
expressions (eg, superscript into power) and add your definition there.
For output, you need to do the inverse. You could try looking at the
source code of the error propagation package on Math Source, it
introduces a simple notation. Please post back to the list with the
information you obtain.
Sorry I'm not of more help to you,
--
http://chrischiasson.com/contact/chris_chiasson