superscripts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58564] superscripts
  • From: Stan Gianzero <sgianzero at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 05:35:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If it is possible, I would like to ask the following two questions:
(1) All superscripts in Mathematica default to exponents. I would like
to have the superscript  become another label as with subscripts. The
reason I wish to do this is that many of matrix elements that I use
have a superscript ZERO. Consequently, Mathematica produces UNITY for
all such elements.
(2) I would like to be able to provide information to Mathematica that
helps avoid a log singularity in a definite integral. This is best
described in my attachment.

[Contact the author to obtain the attachment - moderator]