An Integral best handled by Mathematica_4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58671] An Integral best handled by Mathematica_4
  • From: Stan Gianzero <sgianzero at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:29:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am attaching two Mathematica files that work on two relatively simple
integrals. Both integrals are safely handled with Mathematica_4.
However, when I tried the same integrals with Mathematica_5, a number
of constraints were added. I believe that Mathematica_5 has enlarged
the region of analyticity to include complex paths of integration. I
would like to know the correct way of imposing the proper constraints
to produce the same results as in Mathematica_4?

[Attachments are not allowed.  Please contact the author to obtain
them - moderator]