Re: Print a selection within

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57728] Re: Print a selection within
  • From: Detlef Müller <dmueller at mathematik.uni-kassel.de>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 04:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris Chiasson wrote:
> Technically, a notebook itself is just an expression, with the same
> being true for cells. Find the appropriate way to "address" a cell
> object, and you could use Extract to take out the boxes corresponding
> to the definition of your function. From there, you couldprint just
> the extracted part as a cell. Off hand, I do not know the code for
> doing so.

I think this is a misunderstanding.

It's merely a front end question:

I yust wanted to mark some Part with the cursor
and send the selection to the printer.

The menu entry "print selection" seems to be designed
for that purpose.

But it fails doing this when my Selection is only one function
of a whole package with lots of functions in it - instead
the whole Package gets to the printer.