Help with the User Interface in Mathematica 5.1.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57918] Help with the User Interface in Mathematica 5.1.1
  • From: "James" <James at notpublicduetospammers.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 04:34:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    Hi!  I'm new to Mathematica, and I'm currently working with  v5.1.1.
I've been searching through messages, documentation, etc... but I can't find
any workable solutions to what should be simple questions about the UI.  And
right now, I only have two:

1.  How can I set the default size for the Notebook windows?

    I've tried to set "Preferences / Notebook Options / Window Properties /
Window Size".  The documentation says that this is what these variables are
for.  But changing them doesn't seem to have any visible effect.  New
Notebook windows still get created at the exact same size.

2.  How can I get Mathematica to start up maximized?

    It starts up *almost* maximized, but I'd like it to actually *be*
maximized.  Is there any way to do this?

    Thanks, guys, for any help you can provide!