Re: fitting multiple datasets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58005] Re: fitting multiple datasets
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Nate,
Question1:
You could e.g. add an additional first coordinate x0 to your data
points, that indicates the data set,  and define f (I call the known
parameters a and b and the unknown p1,p2,p3):
f[x0_,x_,p1_,p2_,p3_]:=Which[
    x0==1, f[x,a1,b1,p1,p2,p3],
    x0==2, f[x,a2,b2,p1,p2,p3],
    x0==3, f[x,a3,b3,p1,p2,p3],
    x0==4, f[x,a4,b4,p1,p2,p3],
    x0==5, f[x,a5,b5,p1,p2,p3]
]
Then you would call FindFit:

FindFit[data,f[x0,x,x2,x3,x4,x5],{p1,p2,p3},{x0,x}]

Question2:
for contstrained optimization you could use NMinimize

sincerely, Daniel