problem with InverseLaplaceTransform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57985] problem with InverseLaplaceTransform
  • From: "Barry Shaw" <barry.shaw at qub.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Mathematica and am having difficulty trying to derive
an inverse laplace transform using Mathematica.  When I run the code,
Mathematica starts to run (says "running..."), but then just continues
to remain like that and doesn't give an answer....as if it has crashed
or something.  The code I`m trying to run is below (layout messed up,
but if you copy and paste it back into Mathemtica it`s fine):

InverseLaplaceTransform[{{(muone (mufour + s) (lambdathree + muthree +

                  s) (lambdatwo + mutwo + s) +

            lambdaone (lambdathree (lambdatwo mufour +

                        mutwo (mufour + s)) + (mufour +

                        s) (lambdatwo muthree +

                        mutwo (muthree + s))))/(s (mufour + s)
(lambdaone +

                muone + s) (lambdathree + muthree + s) (lambdatwo +
mutwo +

                s) (1 - (muone (mufour + s) (lambdathree + muthree +

                            s) (lambdatwo + mutwo + s) +

                      lambdaone (lambdathree (lambdatwo mufour +

                                  mutwo (mufour + s)) + (mufour +

                                  s) (lambdatwo muthree +

                                  mutwo (muthree + s))))/((mufour +

                          s) (lambdaone + muone + s) (lambdathree +
muthree +

                          s) (lambdatwo + mutwo + s))))}}, s, t]

Can anybody explain my problem?

Thanks,