Re: spotlight escape sequences

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58054] Re: spotlight escape sequences
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:19:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Doesn't work for me.

It seems I was slightly mistaken.  The reason searching for

"Needs["Combinatorica`"]"

was working for me was that I had notebooks that contained this text
(actually it was Graphics instead of Combinatorica) in the title, and
titles are apparently treated slightly differently.  I haven't yet
found a way to do a literal search for a phrase such as this, but I
will keep looking.  It's entirely possible that Spotlight completely
ignores quote characters since they're not part of words and the quote
character is part of the Spotlight query language syntax.

What seems to work the best is to just leave out the quotes altogether:

Needs[Combinatorica`]

and if you get a bunch of other types of files you can narrow it down
further by adding:

kind:"Mathematica Notebook"

to the search.

-Rob