Re: Zero Padding and ColumnAlignments in Version 5.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58074] Re: Zero Padding and ColumnAlignments in Version 5.1
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:20:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Kevin,
"ColumnAlignments" is unfortunately no option of "TableForm". Read the
help carefully. It is an option of "GridBox". Here is an example how you
would format a 2-dim table of data with 3 digits aligned at the dcimal
point:

GridBox[Map[NumberForm[#, 3] &, data, {2}], ColumnAlignments -> "."] //
       DisplayForm

further info:
Mathematica version 5.1 book 2.9.11 Adjusting Details of Formatting
or: http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.9.11