Problems with my first package: Statistics`Common`RegressionCommon`BestFitParameters instead of BestFitParameters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58049] Problems with my first package: Statistics`Common`RegressionCommon`BestFitParameters instead of BestFitParameters
  • From: frank <frank at kuesterei.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:18:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

thanks to some hints I got on this list, I have managed to write my
first package.

There was one problem with options, but I solved this with the help of
the list archive: It wouldn't accept {verbosity->0} because it is
something different than Schulerstuff`ConstrainedFit`Private`verbosity.
But with the help of

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1994/Apr/msg00041.html

and a

verbosity::usage="foo";

this works now.  However, there remains one problem.  Within a function
in the package that is exported, I do

ExportedFunction[whatever_,options___]:=Block[{...},
RegressResult=NonlinearRegress[...]
Return[Switch[verbosity /. {options},
      0, BestFitParameters /. RegressResult,
      1, {NMinResultReport, RegressResult}
      ]];
]

With verbosity->0, everything is fine now, but with 1 I get:
Statistics`Common`RegressionCommon`BestFitParameters -> {a -> 0.500455,
    b -> 0.999833},

where I expected simply

BestFitParameters -> {a -> 0.500455, b -> 0.999833},

Can you tell me, without me creating a minimal example, what I can do to
simplify the Return value?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster