Re: Optimal number of sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58357] Re: Optimal number of sheets
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:56:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

here is the version for a thickness of 15

cons = a*1 + b*2 + c*3 + d*4 + e*7 == thick

NMinimize[
  Evaluate[{a + b + c + d + e, cons /. thick ->
15,
  a >= 0 && b >= 0 && c >= 0 && d >= 0 && a >= 0
  Element[{a, b, c, d, e}, Integers]}], {a, b, c,
d, e}]

Regards

  Jens

"Erb, John" <jerb at saint-lukes.org> schrieb im