Re: Optimal number of sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58347] Re: Optimal number of sheets
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:56:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello John,
  The answer contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential
 >  information, proprietary to the sender and legally protected...

The greedy algorithmus will solve your problem.
Take as many 7 cm sheets that do not yet exhaust the given height.
For the rest, take as many 4cm sheets that do not yet exhaust the rest.
e.t.c

By the way, here is a more interesting problem: What the minimum number
of heights you need to make all heights from 1 to 25.

sincerely, Daniel