Copy As menu command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55144] Copy As menu command
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:43:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Everyone,

I'm using Mathematica 5.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.8, and I'm having trouble
copying numerical output cells using the Copy As... command under the
Edit menu.  I can't avoid getting all of the the hidden formatting
codes when I paste into another document such as TextEdit.  I've tried
all of them, and in particular, Plain Text, Formatted Text, and Text
(add white space) but I still get all of the gibberish.  I can copy as
PICT but that's no good because I need to be able to format later on.
Is there any way to copy the results of calculations without having to
export?

	Greg

For what it's worth, Mathematica's help browser says this:

 Selections can be copied in the following formats:
    Plain Text, Formatted Text, Text (add whitespace), Cell Expression,
Notebook Expression, Complete Notebook, and MathML. Plain Text removes
any information about styles, while Formatted Text preserves style
information.
    On Windows also: Bitmap (BMP), Windows Metafile (WMF), and Wave
(WAV).
    On Macintosh also: PICT, Bitmap PICT, PICT with Embedded PostScript,
and QuickTime.