Re: Please explain this error message. I typed the code right out of the text.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57304] Re: Please explain this error message. I typed the code right out of the text.
  • From: Gareth Russell <gjr2008 at columbia.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 05:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

To answer your first question, if you click on "More", it should take
you to the relevant entry in the Help Browser. If it doesn't, there is
something wrong with your installation.

In your example, the reason that the Show[] command didn't work is that
your previous commands didn't evaluate properly (you can tell this
because the output of the Show[] command contains the unevaluated
earlier commands, rather than the Graphics objects you would get if
they had evaluated correctly.

I can't test your example because it doesn't include the definition of f.

Gareth