Re: Formating with TableForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57413] Re: Formating with TableForm
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 04:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Jeffry,

if you want to format every column differently, you can format every
element separately. Here is an example:
Some data:
d = Table[Random[], {3}, {3}];
Here the "columns to be" must be in rows. Therefore, eventually Transpose.
We now format every row differently by e.g. row-1 2 digits, row-2 3
digits ...
d = MapThread[#1 /@ #2 &, {{
       NumberForm[#, 2] &, NumberForm[#, 3] &, NumberForm[#, 4] &}, d}];
Now we transpose and print it:
TableForm[ Transpose[d] ]

Sincerely, Daniel