exporting front end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57534] exporting front end
  • From: Roger Mason <rmason at esd.mun.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:00:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I'm trying to have the Mathematica front end exported from one linux box to
another.  I log into the remote box:

ssh -X boxB

and start mathematica from the terminal (on boxA, that hosts the X-srver).
Front end strts and works OK but produces a stream of errors on the
terminal, all being replicates of this:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  38 (X_QueryPointer)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x40
  Serial number of failed request:  15780

with only the "serial number" changing, for example as I move the
mouse pointer around.

I have yet to find any application other than Mathematica that behaves this
way.

If anyone has insights to offer I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks,

Roger Mason

Mathematica 5.1 on Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.x, Xorg 6.8.x