export of EPS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57540] export of EPS
  • From: <topolog at gazeta.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:00:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

Mathematica 5.1 on AMD64, Linux, 256MB.

The following lines save data as postscript plot:

PSShow = ListPlot[OmPlotI[i], DisplayFunction -> Identity];
Display["file.ps", PSShow, "EPS"];

When I try to run the code without the front end (MathKernel mode),
it issues:

/etc/host.conf: line 24: bad command `mdns off'
xset:  unable to open display "localhost:12.0"
xset:  unable to open display "localhost:12.0"
xset:  unable to open display "localhost:12.0"
/etc/host.conf: line 24: bad command `mdns off'
Can't open display

LinkConnect::linkc:
   LinkObject['/usr/local/Wolfram/Ma<<60>>SplashScreen , <<2>>]
     is dead; attempt to connect failed.

Export::nofe: A front end is not available; export of EPS
     requires a front end.

So no ps file is produced. What bothers me most is that the issue
appears only when I run the code of large resolution (the code finds
eigenmodes with shooting method implemented) and swap is engaged
during calculations. And it appears only first time I run it. In
low-resolution computations all works fine.

Any advice, please

Rafal Kosinski