Re: How was this typed?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61924] Re: How was this typed?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 06:05:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

if I would think that Publicon comes with several style sheets and
palettes that may show how a palette can be used to set up the formating
rules.

But in principle one has to design a document style sheet first and than
create a palette for the inline styles.

AFIAK the Mathematica  book is written in TeX and the TeX code is
converted into notebooks. Whis a sufficient structured LaTeX style is
is no problem to write a translator TeX-> Mathematica Notebook.
A bit of fine tuning may be usefull

Second, long time usenet -- is since 1995 a long time ?  I have a two
Unix systems (Linux & SGI),  windows and a Mac running ..

Regards

  Jens

"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dkfdh9$f12$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > a fancy palette that add all the style boxes
??

| > Regards
| >   Jens
|
| According to the book information the author
would be Steven Wolfram. I
| wonder if someone could persuade him to answer
this question, either
| directly, or by proxy.  I would also like to
know how Michael Trott uses
| Mathematica as an authoring tool.
|
| BTW, I thought you were a Unix user and longtime
usenet participant.  Is
| that not correct?
| --
| "Philosophy is written in this grand book, The
Universe. ... But the book
| cannot be understood unless one first learns to
comprehend the language...
| in which it is written. It is written in the
language of mathematics, ...;
| without which wanders about in a dark
labyrinth."   The Lion of Gaul