Re: Re: Re: Re: Mathematica 1

On 11/11/05, Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> Honestly, I do not see why anyone would like to run a DOS version of
> Mathematica. It was awful. If you really love the command line even
> the oldest unix version will be preferable in every way.

AFAIK, the old UNIX Mathematica versions ran on OS like SunOS/Solaris,
ULTRIX, AIX, IRIX.

Newer OS'es like NetBSD boast compatibility with binaries from those platforms:
http://netbsd.org/Documentation/compat.html

What would happen if someone run Mathematica on one of those?

Of course, this would assume:

1. Someone still has a Sun/Alpha/SGI/NeXT... still working
2. Someone is running NetBSD on (1)
3. Someone still has Mathematica for those platforms

--
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=2202360379963855296