references to numbered equations in arXiv style sheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62543] references to numbered equations in arXiv style sheet
  • From: alexander.vorobiev at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:41:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I use arXiv style sheet for my work and I use numbered equations
extensively (the style is called EquationNumbered). I fixed the small
bug that prevented proper counting which was explained in the group
some time ago.

If a numbered equation is inserted later then all the numbers of
subsequent equations get incremented which is very convenient. The same
thing happens if an equation gets deleted from the paper.

The only problem is in such a case I have to go through the text and
manually edit all the references to the renumbered equations. Is there
a way to insert a 'live' reference so that if a number of an equation
changes, the reference gets updated automatically?

Thanks
Alex