RE: Saving Points Selected from a ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62533] RE: [mg62502] Saving Points Selected from a ListPlot
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:40:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Andre,

1) Click on the plot.
2) Hold down Ctrl
3) Click the points you want
4) You can let go of Ctrl and then Copy, by the right click context menu, by
Ctrl-C, or from the Edit menu.
5) Paste into your notebook by one of the same methods.

One thing I would like to have is a way to assign the points to symbol names
and save them in the notebook without the coordinates ever being visible.
That way one could do geometry with points as abstract objects.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: andre [mailto:erasmus.the.giant at gmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I have a 2D ListPlot and I want to select points from the graph and
then do further calculations on them.  Holding alt and moving the mouse
cursor over the graph displays the coordinates of the cursor in the
bottom left-hand corner of the window and I just noticed that in
Mathematica 5.2 (I don't know about previous versions) clicking the
left mouse button draws a point on the graph.  How can I export or
otherwise have access to the points I drew on the graph?

Thanks,

Andre