mole units

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60876] mole units
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 02:55:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hey all, remember that thread about making a FundamentalSI function?
Well, I was using it and noticed that it had taken away the Mole
"unit" from some of my equations. I then tried:
Convert[Mole,1]
Interestingly, the result is a number (a special one, obviously), not
an error. Mathematica is essentially treating mols as dimensionless
numbers, like Milli Kilo, etc. Personally, I think this behavior is
bad. What do you think?
--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/contact/chris_chiasson