Rounding?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60881] Rounding?
  • From: Tom De Vries <tom_toad at telus.net>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 02:55:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is an obvious question.  I'm wondering why the two results
below are different?

I'm creating programs to generate test questions, and I need to know that my
computer generated answers will match the student answers, to say, three
decimal places.  So the answer is -0.0625  "exactly", the first result makes
sense to me, the second doesn't.

If there is a reason for this, is there are way to insure I can make the
first result look like the second result all the time??

SetAccuracy[-0.0625,4]

-0.063

ToString[SetAccuracy[-0.0625,4]]

-0.062