Re: Partition(divid string to substring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60951] Re: Partition(divid string to substring
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 02:27:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I also don't know how to use StringTake[] and I
don't know what the
For[] loop does and what the empty Module[{},___]
may be mean but

StringPartition[str_String, n_Integer] :=
  StringJoin @@@ Partition[PadRight[Characters[#],
StringLength[#] + n - Mod[StringLength[#], n], "
"], n] &[str]

may help you, without  For[], StringTake[] or
Module[]

Regards
  Jens

"Sara" <ma_sara177 at hotmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dht4h7$hnr$1 at smc.vnet.net...
|I have to canstruct a method stringPartition[s,n]
that divides a string s into substrings of length
n. The last string shall be filled with spaces to
the specified length.and I have too use
StringTake. But i have done it Like that:
| stringPartition[s_, n_] := Module[
|    {},
|    emptyString = Mod[StringLength[s], n];
| If[emptyString â? 0, empt = n - emptyString];
| str1 := " ";
| str2 := "";
| For[i = 1, i â?¤ empt, i++,
|      str2 = str2 <> str1];
|    str = s <> str2;
|    strCode = ToCharacterCode[str, "UTF8"];
|    textPartition = Partition[strCode, n];
|    textCode = FromCharacterCode[textPartition,
"UTF8"]
|    ]
| and its work, but I dont know how to use
Stringtake instead (toCharacterCode), I dont want
to use  Toharachtercode.