Stylesheets don't work unless imported.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61044] Stylesheets don't work unless imported.
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 02:49:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I tried to create my own stylesheet based on Classic.nb. I saved it
as .Mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets/STHClassic.nb. I then
attempted to set the fonts to Arial, but when I select the new stylesheet,
the fonts are still Times.  If I select Format->Edit Style Sheet and chose
to import the stylesheet, I can make the same modifications I did to the
"shared" stylesheet, and they go into effect.  What I want is a way to
create a multi-file document that uses a common stylesheet.  Until I
attempted doing so, I was under the impression that this was possible.

Taking the specific example of
ToFileName[$InstallationDirectory,
        "SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets/Classic.nb"],
how might I modify a copy of this so that the fonts (in particular, the
title cell fonts) are Arial rather than Times for a notebook using that
copy?
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...