Re:Re: Pure Function for String Selection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61029] Re:[mg61017] Re: Pure Function for String Selection
  • From: "Edson Ferreira" <edsferr at uol.com.br>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 02:48:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear dkr,

That's what I call optimization!

I've seen the comparison among the solutions and yours goes in the
direction you took previously with my list set reducing problem. The
decomposition via Characters takes an "extra" time of computation when
we talk about large sets of lists.

In fact, I've been trying hard to develop a solution for this problem using
my poor knowledge in patterns in Mathematica. I will let you know my results.
By the way, I'm not using Characters.

I have made great peformance optimizations using your solutions.

Thanks again for your time and attention!!!

Edson