Mathematica GuideBooks for Numerics and Symbolics published

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61129] Mathematica GuideBooks for Numerics and Symbolics published
  • From: Michael Trott <mtrott at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:20:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup Readers,

A year ago at this time, I was able to write to you
that the Programming and Graphics volumes of the
Mathematica GuideBooks were released.

Some of you have written me about the books and I am
glad that the books were useful to you.

I had started working on the books in 1991, updated
them repeatedly to the latest version of Mathematica
and at this time the Programming and Graphics volume
were Mathematica Version 5 compatible.

Over the last year, I updated to Mathematica Version 5.1
the remaining two volumes--the Numerics and Symbolics
volumes. These volumes arrived last week from the printer
and are now available.

Each volume comes with a DVD containing the evaluated
notebooks for that volume (meaning including all outputs,
graphics, and animations), and the updated unevaluated
notebooks for the other three volumes (containing all
text, inputs, references, but no outputs, graphics, and
animations).

The tables of contents, prefaces, introductions,
samples, exercises, additional problems and solutions,
and related materials can be found at:

http://www.mathematicaguidebooks.org

I hope that also these two volumes will be useful for
some of you Mathematica users.

Any feedback concerning the books is welcome.

Michael Trott