Re: Argument checking while allowing specific assignments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61220] Re: Argument checking while allowing specific assignments
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:39:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the manual say that Mathematica automatical try to arrage
the order of the rules in a way that more specific
rules apply first. In many cases this works perfect.
But it depend on the ruels you are plan to add.

Regards
  Jens

"Ofek Shilon" <ofek at simbionix.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dii8jn$9bh$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Thanks Jens,  but -
| my problem is that i wish to setup the function
definitions beforehand
| and THEN allow the user to setup his own
specific definitions, so i
| can't count on the rules' storage order. maybe
some expansion of your