Union using SameTest

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61195] Union using SameTest
  • From: Jack Goldberg <jackgoldberg at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your responses.  I am grateful and somewhat
mystified.  The solutions
SameTest->(Abs[#1-#2]<10^-2&)]   was the first thing I tried!  It
didn't work for me - in fact it gave a strange error message -
something involving "heads in positions 1 and 2 must be the same".
This was the reason for my posting.  Well, I tried it again and now
it works.  At this point I believe that the error has to do with my
reusing certain names over and over with clearing them.  But I am not
sure and since I can't reconstruct the error - I'm letting this
sleeping dog lie.

Thanks again fellas!

Jack