Re: Mathematica randomly stopping in M5.2 for Solaris

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61382] Re: [mg61322] Mathematica randomly stopping in M5.2 for Solaris
  • From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 02:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 10/15/05, Derek Gurney <dgurney at stanford.edu> wrote:

> I am running a program in Mathematica 5.2 on Solaris 8 that, contrary to my
> intention, randomly stops.  I don't seem to get the problem when I run the
> program in Mathematica 5.1 on Mac OSX (but I haven't tested extensively)
>
> How do I know it's random?  Because the program has a long Do loop that
> takes about an hour to solve for each loop, and sometimes the program will
> get through all 10 loops, sometimes only through 7, and sometimes it will
> stop on the first one.

How much RAM do you have on the Solaris machine?
What do you see if you launch Mathematica from a terminal window
(xterm or whatever is it called in Solaris), any message like
"Segmentation Fault"?

--
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=2202360379963855296