Mathematica randomly stopping in M5.2 for Solaris

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61322] Mathematica randomly stopping in M5.2 for Solaris
  • From: "Derek Gurney" <dgurney at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:23:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am running a program in Mathematica 5.2 on Solaris 8 that, contrary to my
intention, randomly stops.  I don't seem to get the problem when I run the
program in Mathematica 5.1 on Mac OSX (but I haven't tested extensively)

How do I know it's random?  Because the program has a long Do loop that
takes about an hour to solve for each loop, and sometimes the program will
get through all 10 loops, sometimes only through 7, and sometimes it will
stop on the first one.

Any insights welcome. Thanks!