Replacement rule for a quotient

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60394] Replacement rule for a quotient
  • From: Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard at strasbourg.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:16:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
I'm afraid I couldn't find how to write the replacement rule that would
transform, for instance

a^2.c^3.d.e   a
----------- + -
b^2.f^3.g     b

into

    c^3.d.e
     f^3.g

where . is the standard Times[] and ^ is the standard Power[].

Could you please give me a hand for this ?

Many thanks in advance,

cheers,
Nicolas