Re: Re: Bugs in Mathematica 5+ (and license policies)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60638] Re: [mg60613] Re: [mg60584] Bugs in Mathematica 5+ (and license policies)
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <EmilioMartin-Serrano at wanadoo.es>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 05:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

One of those things about other kind of "do" and "undo"!

1) With the current frontEnd, one can ""undo" only once. But perhaps next
version...
2) Some users can "do" nothing to upgrade. But perhaps next marketing
responsible...

Yes, I am still stuck in version 5.0 because y moved from USA to Europe
after having moved from Europe to USA before. Originally, my license comes
from Europe, since the version 2.xx times, back in 1996, I think remember.

I upgraded in Spain from versions 2.x.x to version 3.0, and then to version
4.0; directly over the USA Wolfram web site (all right). Then, I upgraded in
Houston (Texas) to version 4.1 and 4.2; directly over the USA web site (all
right again).

No problem at all about licenses numbers and customer addresses. But, back
in Spain again,

a) I cannot upgrade because the Wolfram USA web site recognizes my license
number as valid, but refuses my European Address.
b) The Wolfram European Web site says that my license number is not valid.
(Not a clue why).
c) The Spanish distributors do not care (I have emails proving this
assertion).
d) Wolfram global customer care(?), itself, does not care either. (I have
emails proving this assertion.)

So, policies are above (not about) customers. Is it not Kafkian?

E. Martin-Serrano