NIntegrate with a J/Link Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65984] NIntegrate with a J/Link Function
  • From: pjcrosbie at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 05:19:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I cannot get NIntegrate to work on a Java function I have attached to
Mathematica with J/Link.  The Java function works fine on its own and
inside Plot but NIntegrate appears to be passing it a symbolic value.

Code snippets:

:=Plot[tPort@condtPD[1, dr] , {dr, -6, 6}]  (* works fine, plots
function correctly *)

:= NIntegrate[condtPD[dr] ,{dr,-6,6}]

Fails with message:
"Method named condtPD defined cr.research.conditional.CDnDPortfolio1
was called with an incorrect number or type of arguments. The
arguments, shown here in a list, were {1, dr}."

Many thanks