RE: Notebook Typesetting for Printing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72258] RE: [mg72243] Notebook Typesetting for Printing
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:19:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi Tom,

> How do I globally set one font size, e.g. 12, for Text and
> Text related cells, and another font size, say 10, for
> Input/Output cells.
>
> I am interested in the printed version of the Notebook.

This is what style sheets were designed to do.

You can modify the default style sheet but I suggest copying it, or the one
you currently use, to
$UserBaseDirectory<>"/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets" before you start to
play.  Renaming it will help you recognise it when you restart Mathematica.

Start with a trial notebook & change it's style sheet to the one you just
copied.  Go to Format->Edit Style Sheet -> "Edit Shared style sheet" to
modify the styles in this sheet.

For your particular problem, find the section heading for input/output &
change font sizes to what you want.  You'll need to change sizes for both
input & output styles.  Do the same thing for text, which is in the body
text section.

If you're interested in the printed version, you'll need to pay close
attention to the printout style in each of the above sections.  That's if
you always remember to change the style to printout before printing the
notebook (I never do).

It's straightforward, but daunting if you're new to the program.

Regards,

Dave.