RE: Re: Combinatorica parameters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72260] RE: [mg72249] Re: Combinatorica parameters
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:20:00 -0500 (EST)

Those who have DrawGraphics, can download the free CombinatoricaGraphics
package from my web page. It is much more versatile than the built-in
Combinatorica graphics. Instead of having limited options (Small, Medium,
Large) it allows all of the regular graphics directives to be used. It also
allows arrowheads on directed edges to be put anywhere along the edge and
not just at the end.

The package also allows the vertices and edges to be independently drawn so
one doesn't have to draw the vertices at all.

Needs["CombinatoricaGraphics`CombinatoricaGraphics`"]

g = CompleteGraph[20];

CombinatoricaPlot[
    {DrawGraphEdges[g][All]},
    ImageSize -> 500];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Dana DeLouis [mailto:dana.del at gmail.com]

> How do I get the vertex points removed from a Combinatorica image?

Hi.  Not sure, but I don't think you can actually remove a vertex without
modifying the graph.  Do these two options help hide the Vertices?

ShowGraph[CompleteGraph[20],
VertexStyle -> Disk[0]];

(* Assuming a white background *)

ShowGraph[CompleteGraph[20],
VertexStyle -> Disk[Small],
VertexColor -> White];

--
HTH   :>)
Dana DeLouis

"Eep²" <eepNOSPAM at tnlc.com> wrote in message
news:elu41n$i3$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> How do I get the vertex points removed from a Combinatorica image?
>
> I've tried this but it doesn't remove the verts:
>
> ShowGraph[SetGraphOptions[CompleteGraph[20],{VertexStyle->Disk[None]}]
>
> The manual doesn't go into depth of Combinatorica's options that well...
:/