glibc version problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72444] glibc version problem
  • From: sjordan at mit.edu
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:03:52 -0500 (EST)

I've been having trouble installing Mathematica 4.2 under Linux (Ubuntu
6.10). It appears the problem is that I have glibc version 2.4 which is
too new for Mathematica 4.2 to handle. I don't think I can easily
downgrade my glibc because that will break all sorts of other software
which is expecting version 2.4. Does anyone know what versions of glibc
Mathematica 5.2 is compatible with? If it is compatible with glibc 2.4
I'll probably just upgrade to Mathematica 5.2.

Thanks,

Stephen