MeijerG evaluates an imaginary part, which does not exist

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64210] MeijerG evaluates an imaginary part, which does not exist
  • From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 02:49:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Group,

please have a look at  http://people.freenet.de/Peter_Berlin/Mathe/schon_wieder_MeijerG.nb

There is an integral evaluating to 0.9.. or 0.07... depending on the method used. And the first attempt leads to an imaginary part Abs[Im[value]]~=4.8.

I would really like to know wether development-versions of Mathematica handle MeijerG in a more satisfactory way (Daniel Lichtblau!?)

Thanks in advance,
   Peter