Re: Using a palette to speed typesetting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63514] Re: Using a palette to speed typesetting
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 01:26:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Christopher Arthur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if there were a quick way to make a palette of expressions used often in a given document?  It would really save on typing.  Say that I format an expression that I know that I'm going to use a few times, so I just click once to put it on the palette, and the next time I need it, it's right there.
>
> Chris Arthur

Hello,

I guess you could write a function that would accept a string and add to
a palette. I have a few additions to MENUSETUP.TR that I always make
when I get a fresh version. I have menu entries for things like \[Breve]
(which I use a lot), \[Dash], and a few others. I also make sure I can
get at the menu entries with keyboard shortcuts.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk