Batch Mode Output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63566] Batch Mode Output
  • From: "Marcelo Mayall" <mmayall at bol.com.br>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 03:12:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In some situations when running a program in batch mode, it is interesting that the output be returned via operational system prompt (in my case Microsoft Windows XP).
At first, we could imagine the following batch file:

(*****     Routine Print.m     *****)
Run["Echo Operational System Output"]

However, when executing Print.m in batch mode, no output is returned to the prompt. The output is returned only to the output file Print.out:

C:\> math <Print.m> Print.out

C:\> type Print.out
In[1]:= Operational System Output

Any idea ????