Re: Factorising polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63983] Re: [mg63970] Factorising polynomials
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:43:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, Tony,

   I don't think that my technique is very elegant (it certainly won't
generalize very well for similar polynomials), but it should work for
your problem:

In[1]:=

factoredForm = (Factor[x^#1 + 1] & ) /@ Range[6]

Out[1]=

{1 + x, 1 + x^2, (1 + x)*(1 - x + x^2), 1 + x^4,

  (1 + x)*(1 - x + x^2 - x^3 + x^4),

  (1 + x^2)*(1 - x^2 + x^4)}

In[2]:=

(If[Head[#1] === Times, List @@ #1, {1}] & ) /@